Learn how to license your art
Create passive streams of income from your art.
Now more than ever, companies and brands are licensing art.
Start licensing your art now
Right now, you don’t know where to begin with art licensing.
- Where do I find companies who license art?
- Is my art even right for art licensing?
- What should go into my art licensing contract?
- How do I actually get paid – automatically?
You make great art, and you know your work is at a professional quality. But you still feel stuck at the first thought of licensing your art.
I had to try everything to see what did and didn’t work — it really cost me a lot of time and money in the end.
The mistakes I made caused a lot of problems (maybe you recognize some of them):
- Working with bad clients.
The art licensing clients I partnered with left me hanging financially. They made the rules and demanded a lot from image and file preparation – hours I spent without getting paid.
- Undervaluing my work.
In the beginning, I barely made a profit from my licenses. I didn’t know how to price on value. Later on, I found out the companies using my work were profiting massively because of my images and I wasn’t getting any of it. I didn’t have a contract to protect my time, money, and ideas.
- Not getting paid at all.
Also, in the beginning, I wouldn’t get paid at all. Licensing my art in the hopes of it doing well. When it came time for a quarterly check, nothing showed up. Next quarter, the same thing. I was waiting and wishing for licensing clients to do the right thing. I actually started hating my art business for the first time in my life.
- My time was wasted.
Even when I started licensing my art correctly. I was leaving a lot of money on the table. Preparing files and images for clients for free. Often spending more time on making print templates and minor changes than I spent on the original art.
If you’re just beginning your art licensing adventure, you probably haven’t experienced any of these problems yet. This means I can help you see red flags before they happen to you.
I made all of these mistakes simply because I was never taught about these issues in the first place.
It took me years to know how to license my art and get paid on my terms.
I wasted years not getting paid what I deserved in my art licensing projects.
Without a solid process for establishing your copyright and contract, the law can’t do anything to help you.
There’s only one person who can help protect your ideas and make sure you get paid – you!
Follow a proven process for working with your dream art licensing clients
I can’t tell you how much I would have paid to look over the shoulder of someone who had successfully licensed their art just to see the entire process.
- How do they actually find an art licensing client?
- What does the artist say to introduce themselves to a big clients?
- How do they know how much to charge and for what?
- How did they copyright their art?
- How do they keep the same licensing clients for years and years?
It would prevent a lot of lost money and wasted time.
They don’t teach you how to license your art in school.
If they do, it’s none of the practical stuff you actually need to survive.
You need to understand things like:
- Your client outreach process.
- An basic understanding of art licensing terms.
- How to present your art licensing portfolio profitably.
- How to negotiate with art licensing clients.
- How to price your art for licensing
- Exactly what should be in your art licensing contract?
I've broken down and highlighted need to know steps and strategies into an easy to follow program.
A program geared to help artists and illustrators understand what art licensing is and how to get started.
Learn simple and direct methods for getting art licensing clients, creating passive income, and growing your art business
Licensing Liftoff is clear and actionable. When you’ve finished the 8 video lessons, you’ll know exactly what you need to do start licensing your art.
You’re getting over a decade worth of experience and hard-won lessons that have been chiseled down into grab-and-go lessons. I want you to have everything you need to confidently license your art.
Licensing Liftoff is a simple and direct course where I’ll show you step by step, how to license your art.
Finish the steps in each lesson and see the results.
Inside Licensing Liftoff you'll learn…
- What art licensing is and how it works in the market
- How to build a profitable portfolio
- Which markets and industries are right for you
- How to protect your time, money, and ideas with a proven Licensing Contract template
- Steps to take to connect with art directors and creative decision-makers.
- How to describe your art (and how it helps you find buyers)
- The best ways for finding companies and a contacts email address
- How to decide if your art is a good fit for a company
Here's the exact list of lessons, so you can make sure Licensing Liftoff is right for you.
Get everything you need to connect with potential illustration clients who are aligned with you and the type of illustrations you make.
In 8 lessons you'll get a clear idea of how to start and grow your freelance illustration business:
- Introduction to Art Licensing
Understand the world of art licensing and how it can work for you.
- Your art licensing roadmap
Know which steps are essentials for getting your first art licensing clients.
- Establishing your foundation
Learn how to clarify and set standards for who you’ll work with.
- Showcasing your work and establishing your copyrights
Discover how to present your work in a profitable way.
- Reaching out to potential leads
Three easy ways to research, find, and quickly break the ice while introducing yourself to your future art licensing clients with direct outreach. Learn how to find the emails of and connect with art directors and creative decision-makers.
- Converting leads into licensees
Learn how to propel a new relationship to an art licensing deal in a matter of a few emails.
- Your art licensing contract
Protect your time, money, and ideas when you license your art. Know how to negotiate and how much to charge companies to license your art. Establish a payment schedule based on your terms. Understand terms such as Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive rights. Plus breaking down royalties and advances. Get a Licensing Contract proven on over 250+ licensing projects.
- Getting art licensing referrals
Learn how to have your existing clients open their professional networks to you and secure future revenue.
“What was probably the most benchmark part of Licensing Liftoff was how to integrate art licensing into every freelance illustration project. If I started charging for this 5 years ago, I probably would have made an extra $75,000. Thank you.
Monica B., Illustrator
The Artist Contract Template: Protect your time, money, and ideas on your next art licensing project.
Inside the Licensing Liftoff course, I give you the actual art licensing contract template I use.
Get instant access to the actual art licensing contract template along with a video tutorial walking you through each step of how to customize and use the contract template.
I take you through each part of the contract and describe the terms in plain English. This way you can easily understand your own contract. Essential so you can also negotiate and explain your contract with your clients if needed.
After each mistake, I changed my process so I wouldn’t make it again. Patching holes and improving every part of my art licensing process.
Let’s demystify the art licensing process and help you discover what you have to offer.
- How long do I have access?
Once you purchase Licensing Liftoff, you get immediate access to all the lessons, forever. Which means you can go through the lessons at your own pace.
- How long is this program?
Licensing Liftoff is broken down into 8 lessons. Each lesson is 10–25 minutes long. To get the most out of the program you’ll do the work to set up the simple business systems you'll learn in the course. Which can take anywhere from few days to a few weeks. You will get out of the program what you put into it.
Licensing Liftoff IS for you if…
- Who is this program for?This course is for artists who have an established look and style and want to know how to license their work. From fine artists, illustrators, pattern designers, hand letterers, character designers, and more. Start earning income from work you’ve already created, in multiple markets, globally.
- How long do I have access? Once you purchase Licensing Liftoff, you get immediate access to all the lessons, forever. Which means you can go through the lessons at your own pace.
- How long is this program? Licensing Liftoff is broken down into 8 lessons. Each lesson is 10–25 minutes long. To get the most out of the program you’ll do the work to set up the simple business systems you'll learn in the course. Which can take anywhere from few days to a few weeks. You will get out of the program what you put into it.
This is NOT for you if…
- Who is this program NOT for? This program requires a minimum of 3 hours of work a week. If you think building your illustration business will happen overnight, this program isn't for you.
Try Licensing Liftoff for 30 days, 100% risk-free
I've packed a lot into Licensing Liftoff, and I want to make sure that you not only get all that content before you fully commit to this — I want to give you 30 days to let it settle, integrate it into your business, and make sure this is really right for you.
Try the entire course. If you don't LOVE it, I insist that you get 100% of your money back.
This guarantee lasts 30 days, which completely covers the course. That means you can try the ENTIRE course and then decide if it's right for you.
Bottom line: Licensing Liftoff will show you the path for creating passive income from your art. And it's 100% risk-free.
One last word.
Don’t forget that when you join Licensing Liftoff you are joining risk-free. You have an entire 60 days to watch the course, implement the strategies in your own business, and take action on all that you learned.
Trust me when I say, once you’ve added licensing as a new source of income in your art business, you’ll never want to go back!
The benefit of Licensing Liftoff is that you can get my exact roadmap, learned from years of experience, and skip all of the same pain and mistakes I made.
It couldn’t be easier or more convenient!
Start implementing the systems now and in a year, your future self with thank you for putting in the work. Invest in yourself, get the training that is guaranteed and proven, and start building your illustration business.
Inside Licensing Liftoff, I’ll take you through the essential steps for getting your work licensed and further diversify your art business.
In just 8 video lessons, you’ll have more confidence and an entirely new source of income.
Are you ready to approach companies and get paid to license your work?
See you on the inside…
Enroll in Licensing Liftoff for only one payment of $199
Lifetime access. Get lifetime access to all 2 hours of content inside Licensing Liftoff. Once you enroll you'll gain immediate access to the online dashboard where you can watch the lessons anytime, forever.
Contract template. Protect your time, money, and ideas. Get a proven contract template to use on your next licensing project.